Oklahoma Quiltworks is proud to announce that we are a participating shop in Moda’s 2020 Grunge Contest!!!
2020 is Moda Fabrics and United Notions 45th Anniversary. And to celebrate, they are having a contest using their most popular line, the instantly recognizable Grunge collection from Basic Grey.
There are prizes and the top 3 winning quilts will hang in the Moda booth at the 2020 International Fall Market in Houston!!!
The contest officially started on February 1, 2020. The deadline for entry is August 31, 2020. A participant can turn their quilts into any participating store. Voting at Oklahoma Quiltworks starts September 1, 2020.
Basic contest rules are as follows:
1. The quilt top and back must be made with Moda Grunge brand fabrics including all of the following collections: Grunge, Grunge Hits the Spot, Grunge Metallic Hits the Spot, Grunge Seeing Stars, Grunge Metallics Seeing Stars, Grunge Metallics, Glitter Grunge.
2. Any construction can be used, but the work must be original – commercial patterns or books may not be used.
3. Finished size may not exceed 240″ around.
4. Quilts must be quilted and bound to be considered.
5. Quilts must be labeled with the maker’s name, quilter’s name, city and contact info of the maker.
6. There is not limit to the number of quilts you can enter at your quilt shop. But each participating shop can submit only one quilt to Moda as their entry for the contest.
The top three quilts will have their quilts hang in the Moda booth at Fall Quilt Market 2020 and receive cash prizes of $2,000 for 1st, $1,000 for 2nd, and $750 for 3rd.
To get you started, here are the links to the Grunges we have in the shop and online store:
Grunge Basics Metallic
Grunge Hits the Spot
Grunge Hits the Spot Metallic
Grunge Seeing Stars
Grunge Seeing Stars Metallic